Photo Credit: www.si.com
My NFL heater froze last week.. It’s weeks like these where Bet Goodenough is different from most betting blogs, I will always be upfront and honest with my weekly records. My blog posts will always be on the the site and I will post my record every week win or lose… With that said, lets get back on the winning side of things with NFL Bets and get back over the 53% mark! In this 3rd week of the NFL, I am definitely going back to my strategy of, not betting on the Eagles and ‘Hedging my Happiness’! Last week, the sharp money was on the eagles and I took the line (Never again..) A couple lines this week have moved drastically, because of heavy sharp action. Throw up a prayer to the betting gods and follow the sharp money to eventual profits.. As always, good luck to all you degenerates and Bet Goodenough!
Week 3: 5-2-0 (71%)
Season: 11-9-0 (55%)
- Sharp (Sharp money) – Someone who knows what they are doing in sports betting. Sharps are informed, experienced, successful sports bettors. They might be professional bettors, but that doesn’t have to be the case. Often sharps place bigger bets. When a sharp makes a bet, the sportsbook will likely take note and adjust a response line.
- Reverse Line Movement – When a line moves away from the side receiving the majority of bets.
- 64% of the Public is on the Chiefs.
- The line has stayed around 7, indicating a good amount of sharp money on the Chargers.
- Take the 7 points.
- 80% of the public is on the Titans.
- The line has moved from +1 to -5.5. Even with 80% of the public on the Titans, this line moving down 6.5 points tells me there is HUGE sharp money on the Titans!
- Book this line at -5, I’m not comfortable with anything over -6.
- 67% of the public is on the Falcons.
- The line has moved from 2.5 to 3.
- With 67% of the public on the Falcons and the line moving up in favor of the falcons, it’s an indication the sharp money is on the Giants here
- Book this line at -3.
- 61% of the public is on the Steelers.
- The line has moved from 5.5 to 3.
- With the Steelers getting 61% of the bets we have more reverse line movement, indicating the Sharps are on the Bengals here.
- Book this line down to 3, throw a little on the +155 moneyline while you’re at it!
- 52% of the public is on the Broncos.
- The line moved from -5.5 to 10.5 throughout the week. This 5 point line movement in the Jets favor, with only 52% of the public on Broncos, tells me there is HUGE sharp money on the Broncos!
- I placed my bet at -10, but I would take it up to -10.5. Definitely shop around!
- 73% of the public is on the Raiders.
- The line moved from 1 to 4. This line has moved according to the public money, meaning there is likely no sharp action on this game.
- The Raiders are ATS covering machines in the first two weeks and I’m going to ride that. I think they might be a sneaky good team this year!
- I placed my bet at -3, but I would take it up to -3.5. Definitely shop around!
TB/LAR Over 55
- 63% of the public is on the Over.
- The line moved from 50 to 55.5 throughout the week.
- With 63% of the public bets on the Over and the line moving 5.5 points, there seems to be a good amount of sharp money with the public here.
- I placed my bet at 55, but I would take it up to 55.5. Definitely shop around!